INSTEON Mini Remote – Switch 2342
Add a Wall Switch Anywhere!
- Available in Single Switch, 4 Switch or 8 switch designs select from pull down menu (above)
- Provides wireless remote control for INSTEON controlled lighting and appliances
- Elegant design and super-easy setup
- Add a wall switch anywhere, no new junction box or wiring required
- Raise and lower lighting levels or recall a favorite lighting level - wirelessly!
- Control lights in one room or across the entire house
- Battery operated - requires no external power or communication wiring and it's rechargeable
- 50 ft range to nearest dual-band device or Access Point
Ever wished you could add a light switch to a wall but didn't because of the cost and hassle? With Mini Remote Switch, you're free to place a switch wherever you need it! The Mini Remote Switch is an easy-to-use wireless remote that allows you to control INSTEON bulbs, dimmers, switches and plug-in or receptacle dimmers. Now you can raise and lower light levels and program scenes for multiple lights from anywhere. Mount it to the wall to create a traditional switch in the perfect location - without having to rewire (wall mount bracket and wallplate sold separately). You can also make it a tabletop control for your nightstand, counter or coffee table by attaching it to a tabletop stand (sold separately); turn on your house lights from the car by attaching it to a visor clip(sold separately); or even use it as a lightweight handheld remote. The Mini Remote Switch is ultra-easy to install and operate, giving you the most flexibility for a truly smart home with INSTEON.
Please note that INSTEON Mini Remote Switch (2342-242) is the new name and product number of RemoteLinc 2 - INSTEON Wireless Switch (2444A2WH). The product and functionality are the same.
Mini Remote Switch is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery. Based on average usage, expected battery life between charges is 9-12 months. Recharge using any standard USB Type A to Micro-B cable (sold separately).
Mini Remote Switch can directly control the following RF-compatible devices:
INSTEON LED Bulb (Dual-Band)
SwitchLinc 2-Wire (RF)
OutletLinc Dimmer (Dual-Band)
220V / 240V 30 Amp Load Controllers (Dual-Band)
To control devices that are not RF-compatible, you'll need at least one dual-band device to convert the RF signal from the remote into power line signals.
Want more control? The Mini Remote is also available in a 4-scene and 8-scene keypad (Select from Style Pull-down above).
- USB Charging Cable is required to charge Mini Remote Switch. With the cable you can charge by plugging the cable into a computer USB port or into a USB power adapter.
- If the INSTEON device you intend to control does not receive RF signals (i.e., power line only), you will need at least one dual-band INSTEON device to convert the RF signals to power line signals.
How it Works
Like a traditional switch, tapping the top paddle turns your lights (or scenes) on and tapping the bottom paddle turns your lights (or scenes) off; press and hold the top paddle to brighten every light in the scene or press and hold the bottom paddle to dim every light in the scene. The LED status indicator blinks green for ON commands and red for OFF commands. The LED indicator will also let you know if a device did not acknowledge the command.
Additional programming options allow Mini Remote Switch to function as a 2-scene controller, making the top paddle control one scene and the bottom paddle control another. This can be set to alternate between ON and OFF for each press (toggle) or only send ON (non-toggle).
Using compatible software such as HouseLinc, you can quickly setup scenes and configure button behavior, all from your computer.
- Power switch for disabling buttons ("vacation" or "pocket" mode)
- Stuck Button Mode - saves battery life by going to sleep if button stuck down
- Compatible with most decorator wallplates (Wall Mount Bracket required)
- Built-in battery charge LED indicator
Manufacturer Product No.: 2342-242 (formerly 2444A3WH, RemoteLinc 2 Switch)
RF Range: 50' (line of sight)
Frequency: 915 MHz
Warranty: 1 year, limited
Patent No.: U.S. Patent No. 7,345,998, International patents pending